We are now head-long into the new school year. I’m sure every parent has done there level best to provide school clothes, supplies, laptops, and all the other necessary accessories for their student to succeed. But have they thought about the other crucial supply their student needs to be safe? Have they taught their child about Dating Violence?
- are inexperienced with dating relationships.
- are pressured by peers to act violently.
- want independence from parents.
- have "romantic" views of love.
- they have the right to "control" their female partners in any way necessary.
- "masculinity" is physical aggressiveness.
- they should "possess" their partner.
- they should demand intimacy.
- they may lose respect if they are attentive and supportive toward their girlfriends.
- they are responsible for solving problems in their relationships
- their boyfriend's jealousy, possessiveness and even physical abuse, is "romantic."
- abuse is "normal" because their friends are also being abused.
- there is no one to ask for help or to show them anything different.
| || |
| || |